Welcome to the 2017 California State Square Dance Convention Education Page!
Marvin Fishman has three education panels lined up for your square dance education pleasure. These topics are sure to interest you.
- Recruiting potential square dancers.
- What is State Council and what does it do for the dancers?" - This interesting panel will be moderated by Jim & Pam Kidwell.
- A "How To" look at Festivals, Conventions & special dances.
- Recruiting new dancers. Lea Veronica will present ideas and suggestions for recruiting new dancers. She has an excellent program and an outstanding display. If you haven't seen her panel, it is one you won't want to miss. If you have seen it, come see her new ideas.
- California Square Dance Council, Jim and Pam Kidwell, Presidents. What is CASDC and what does it do for me? Jim and Pam will present a panel on the Council explaining what Council is and what it does for the dancers. One thing, they are the sponsoring organization for the California State Square Dance Convention. Come learn about your Council.
- Conventions, Festivals and Special Dances. Marvin Fishman, General Chairman for the 2018 California State Square Dance Convention, will share information about dances other than your club dance. If you are a new dancer or have been dancing for 50 years there are many dances to attend. There are conventions and festivals for every dance level.